The following terms and conditions will apply between yourself and the Shop at RAMM for the sale and purchase of the items contained in your basket, and its subsequent delivery. These terms and conditions of sales do not affect your statutory rights (under governing law and Jurisdiction).
The Shop at RAMM is part of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum and Art Gallery, which is a part of Exeter City Council. Exeter City Council’s registered address is Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter EX1 1JN, VAT reg no 142 3355 94.
All profits made from the sale of goods on this site go to supporting the work of RAMM.
If you have any questions regarding the RAMM Online Shop, its products or any order that you may have placed please contact us either by email at [email protected] or telephone 01392 265888 (Tues – Sun 10:00-17:00).
- Website terms and conditions
- Availability of goods and prices
- Duties and taxes
- Acknowledgement of orders
- Refunds and returns
- Photos, media and information
Website terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to the entire contents of this website. Please read these Terms carefully before using this website. Using this website indicates that you accept these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, please do not use this website.
- These Terms shall constitute an agreement between you and RAMM and shall set out the conditions upon which you may access the information available on this website
- We reserve the right to change these Terms, at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on this website, at which point they will become immediately effective
- Your continued use of this website after any changes referred to in clause 2 shall constitute your consent to such changes
- Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, or for reasons beyond our control
- We reserve the right to, without notice, withdraw the availability of this website or any of its content and/or any of its functions, information or services
- We cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to this website and we make no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, functionality or otherwise
- You are allowed to view, download and print out content from this website for personal use only in accordance with these Terms. All other copying whether electronic, hard copy or other format is prohibited and all other rights are reserved
- You shall only use this website in a manner that is consistent with these Terms and in such a way as to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and in particular, that you shall not (or not attempt to):
seek unauthorised access to our network or computer system
insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus into our network and computer systems
- All copyright and all other intellectual property rights existing in this website (including, but not limited to, all design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof) are and remain our property
- The expression ‘copyright’ shall include the entire copyright, design right, rental right, right to authorise or prohibit lending and data right subsisting now or created at any time
- While we endeavour to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of such information
- We make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, that this website or any software of any nature available on, downloaded or otherwise obtained from it, will be free from defects or viruses. Your use of this website is at your own risk
- We make no representations or warranties as to whether the information available on this website complies with the regulatory regime of countries from which the pages of this website may be accessed
- We may log your IP address (which indicates the location of your computer on the Internet) for the purpose of systems administration and troubleshooting.
- The failure by us to insist on any occasion upon performance of these Terms shall not thereby act as a waiver of such a breach or an acceptance of any variation of these Terms
- A person who is not a party to these Terms may not enforce any of its terms or conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the Laws of England
- For Cookie information see the Cookies policy
Availability of goods and prices
All prices indicated for products are in Pounds Sterling, inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are exclusive of delivery charges. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus VAT and delivery charges as set out in the payment section of the website.
The Shop at RAMM attempts to be as accurate as possible when describing products on the website and to ensure that product photography is clear and accurate; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that product descriptions, colours or other content available on the website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because some of our goods are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site may slightly vary from the goods advertised.
The Shop at RAMM aims to ensure that the pricing of products on the web pages is correct at all times, however, the website may not accurately reflect the correct details at the moment at which you place your order. The Shop at RAMM reserves the right to change prices or to withdraw an item from sale without prior notice.
Payment is taken automatically as soon as the order is received. You can pay either by VISA, Master Card, Apple Pay or Google Pay. We are unable to accept Electron cards, cheques, cash, or postal orders for website orders through the post, nor can we take orders over the telephone. Orders will only be processed if you provide the card holder’s name as it is shown on the card together with the postcode that appears on the card statement. No responsibility can be taken by the Shop at RAMM for incorrect or incomplete details submitted on the website.
All of our products are made from third party suppliers and there may be times that we cannot fulfil an order or part of it. If we are unable to supply you with all or part of the goods ordered for any reason, we will inform you of this by email. We will try not to capture payment until we know that the products are available however this is not always possible. If you have already paid for the goods, we will refund the full amount or part refund the order that we cannot fulfil, including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, your order will not be accepted and The Shop at RAMM will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Duties and taxes
You will be liable for all duties or levies payable at any foreign port as a result of delivery of goods outside of the United Kingdom. It is your responsibility to arrange payment for any such payments and you shall not be entitled to cancel your order on the basis of unforeseen duties or levies.
Acknowledgment of orders
When you have completed your order you will be sent an email confirming your order. It will state what the products are, the cost (including VAT and P&P) and delivery and invoice details. If your order has been unsuccessful you will be made aware of the reason for this and possible explanations. If we are unable to fulfil your order following our order acknowledgement, we will contact you by email advising you of this.
We aim to deliver goods within 7 working days in the UK, within 7 to 14 days for European destinations and within 12 to 24 days for the rest of the world. If the Shop at RAMM is unable to deliver the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you by email at the address given on your order form.
We will confirm the order has been sent for delivery by email once the items have been dispatched. We may send orders in multiple deliveries, if this occurs we will only charge one delivery cost. We do not use order tracking on goods. You own the goods once we have received payment in full, including of all applicable delivery charges.
If we fail to deliver the goods, our liability is limited to the cost of obtaining replacement goods of a similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the goods. However, we will not be liable to the extent that any failure to deliver was caused by an event outside our control, or because you failed to provide adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of goods.
Click and collect: If you fail to take delivery within 14 days after the day on which we notified you that the goods were ready for delivery, we may resell part of, or all the goods. We will remind you by e-mail 10 days after failure to collect.
Refunds and returns
In accordance with your legal consumer rights we offer a full refund if an item is faulty, not as described or doesn’t do what it’s supposed to.
In accordance with your legal rights laid out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you may cancel an online order within 14 days of purchase.
In addition to your legal rights, we also allow you to return goods, should you change your mind, if we receive them within 30 days from the date of purchase and we will offer you a full refund or exchange.
We cannot offer refunds, credit or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on earrings. This does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to accept a refund we:
- Require proof of purchase using the original receipt
- Goods must be unused and where possible in the unopened packaging
- We can accept returns and refunds up to 30 days from the day of purchase
- We can offer an exchange, offer a credit note, or a refund using the original method of payment
- We will not refund the cost of return postage unless the products are faulty
Please contact us should you wish to return, replace or have any concerns over your goods:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Telephone: 01392 265888
- Post: The Shop at RAMM, Queen Street, Exeter EX4 3RX
We only supply the goods for your personal use and you agree not to use the goods for any resale purposes.
Nothing in these terms limits or excludes our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
(d) any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Subject to the above, we will under no circumstances be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the contract for:
(a) any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; or
(b) loss of business opportunity; or
(c) loss of anticipated savings; or
(d) loss of goodwill; or
(e) any indirect or consequential loss.
Subject to the above, our total liability to you for all losses arising under or in connection with the contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, will in no circumstances exceed 100% of the price of the goods.
Except as expressly stated in these terms, we do not give any representations, warranties or undertakings in relation to the goods. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the goods are suitable for your purposes.
RAMM encourages links to its websites from other websites. Links should not imply endorsement of any third party products or services, any affiliation where none is agreed with third parties, or in any way seek to mislead website visitors.
Links from RAMM websites to other websites are not an endorsement or sponsorship of those website’s content.
Photos, media and information
RAMM aims to ensure all information, photos, video and audio content on the website is accurate and up to date. Where photos of identifiable individuals are used permission has been granted for RAMM to use those images.
If you believe any information or other content is:
- Subject to third party copyright or an allied legal claim;
- Infringes your copyright or other rights
Please contact RAMM using the contact form and your message will be acknowledged in ten working days.